Stephanie Molkentin has joined the Project Safe team as community involvement and volunteer coordinator. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Safe Inc.
Position: Community Involvement and Volunteer Coordinator
Responsible To: Executive Director
Hours: Full Time Monday- Friday (hours are often flexible as significant evening and weekend work as needed for events and projects); On Call Rotation
Volunteer Program Responsibilities: Recruit, schedule, and supervise volunteers for all Project Safe programs. Coordinate and implement training of volunteers, interns, and new staff hires as needed, helping to ensure that organizational values are passed on. Recruit, interview, and select individuals for Project Safe’s summer internship program. Ensure that all volunteers and interns complete administrative requirements in accordance with organizational standards, and update these records as needed. Maintain electronic records of all completed volunteer hours on a monthly basis. Complete and submit monthly reports based on this information as requested.
Community Involvement Responsibilities: Represent Project Safe on community projects, such as fundraisers and drives held by other organizations benefitting Project Safe, and ensure that Project Safe is presented in a strong, positive, values-centered manner. Perform speaking engagements and trainings for outside agencies as needed. Produce Project Safe’s monthly e-newsletter and other communications. Work with Executive Director and administrative interns to update social media.
Other Responsibilities: Operate out of the Project Safe Emergency Shelter, and periodically assist with crisis hotline coverage and support of shelter residents.Participate in on-call rotation of full-time staff. Serve as back up to Thrift Store Manager (providing coverage at store in emergency situations until other relief can be secured). Complete other duties as assigned by Executive Director or Associate Director.
Qualifications: Masters Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles. Prior public relations experience, including with graphic design. Basic video production knowledge a plus. Knowledge and experience working with victims/survivors of domestic violence and their children. The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. If interested in applying for the Community Involvement and Volunteer Coordinator position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Posted on 8/20/19
Organization: Project Safe Inc.
Position: Thrift Store Associate
Project Safe, a progressive non-profit organization, is seeking a part time (up to 25 hrs/wk) Thrift Store Associate, at the Project Safe Thrift Store. Applicants should have reliable transportation, flexibility in scheduling, and some weekend availability. Previous retail experience is required. To apply send cover letter and resume to: Associate Director, Tangela Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please. EOE
Since increasing our shelter capacity in 2018, Project Safe has made family needs a priority. Here is a current wish list from the parents and children living in our emergency shelter:
- Uniforms in assorted sizes for girls and boys: (colors for pants/skirts-navy blue, khaki and black; colors for shirts: white and navy blue)
- 3-ring binders or trapper keepers
- Folders and Subject Dividers (for 3-ring binders)
- Spiral Notebooks (regular rule)
- Gift cards for shoes for kids or other necessities
- Double Stroller for resident w/ 4 young children
- Gift cards for Fandango/Movie Theater (for outings for resident children)
- Gift cards for Chucky Cheese (for outings for resident children)
- Gift cards for Rush (for outings for resident children)
- Electric breast pump
- Bottle warmer
- Infant carrier
- Car seats for a 9 mos old infant, a two year old, a four year old and a 7 year old
- Diaper bags
- Crib sheets
- Playdough in assorted colors including brown and black
- Portable changing station
- Changing pad
- Infant to toddler rocker
- Jumparoo for infant
All donations can be dropped off anytime during business hours at the Project Safe Thrift Store located at 995 Hawthorne Avenue (inside of the Bell’s Shopping Center) in Athens, GA. The store is open Monday through Saturday 10 am until 6 pm and on Sundays from 1 pm until 6 pm. Thank you for your support 💜
Posted on 8/20/19. The application process will remain open until a candidate is chosen and hired.
Project Safe is hiring for the part-time position of Night and Weekend Advocate. Responsibilities include evening and weekend hotline and shelter coverage. Please see job description below. Send cover letter and resume to the Associate Director, Tangela Ferguson at email@example.com.
Position: Shelter Advocate—Weekends & Overnights
Hours: 9:00 pm to 8:00 am or daytime weekend hours as scheduled
Responsible to: Associate Director
- Be on time for scheduled shift and complete entire shift without leaving premises
- Greet residents individually and offer encouragement, ensure resident needs are being met and provide any emotional support
- Respond to resident request(s) for assistance or supplies needed from the office/storage areas
- Ensure cleanliness and order of the shelter by restocking interior storage as needed, doing laundry to maintain linen supply, sweep main stairwell and programming unit, maintain entryway free of any clutter, and any other task to maintain order
- Complete a walk through of all units ensuring residents properly complete their assigned chores and signing off resident chore sheet
- Maintain overnight shelter security by closing down kitchens, setting all alarms, and enforcing quiet hours
- Answer business line and record messages, make referrals, and arrange weekday in-kind donation pick ups
- Answer hotline and document all calls to provide individuals with support, referrals, relocation, transportation, and any other assistance needed to provide safety
- Provides crisis intervention and peer support to all shelter residents when needed
- Complete intake and orientate individuals and children into the shelter as needed
- Consult on-call staff in case of emergencies
- Inform staff about night shift activity during the monthly staff meeting
- Assists with special projects and tasks as assigned by Associate Director or Executive Director
- Knowledge and experience working with victims of domestic violence or similar field
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to climb steps
- Ability to lift occasional bulky items such as donations, large containers, household goods and laundry
Stalking and Domestic Violence: Making the Connection March 20th, 2019, 9:00a to 5:00p
Host: Western District Domestic Violence Task ForcePlease join us for this multidisciplinary training on stalking. Attendees will gain increased knowledge on how to recognize and effectively respond to stalking.
Geared towards, law enforcement, advocates, prosecutors, and other professionals
Presenters: Sgt Jessie Hambrick, Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Expert on Stalking and Social Media and Niki Lemeshka, GA Commission of Family Violence, Fatality Review CoordinatorTraining Location: UGA Police Department and Office of
Preparedness Training Facility, 345 Will Hunter Rd. Athens, GA 30609
Project Safe is currently in need of childcare volunteers who can provide care for children in our emergency shelter and at our outreach offices. If interested, please check out our Volunteer Page and email Kendall Worman at firstname.lastname@example.org with your application!
Thank you to all participants, schools, parents, and community members who supported and attended Project Safe’s 8th Annual Stomp Out Domestic Violence Step Show in memory of Jessica Nowell, an Athens native who died at the hands of her abuser in 2013. This year’s Judge’s Favorite team was Barnett Shoals Elementary School, and Audience Favorite went to Clarke Middle School👣 Congratulations to these amazing young people. Until next year!