Position: Mobile Bilingual Advocate
Responsible To: Executive Director
Hours: Full Time Monday- Friday days evenings or weekends as scheduled. On Call Rotation
- Provide a variety of crisis intervention and supportive services to Spanish speaking survivors of domestic violence including individual support, emergency financial assistance, legal and social services advocacy etc. to clients referred by the Family Protection Center user group and Project Safe hotline workers. Link clients to other services or related PSI services as appropriate.
- Develop and facilitate support group for Spanish speaking survivors of domestic violence.
- Maintain scheduled office hours at the Athens-Clarke County Courthouse, Family Protection Center and other sites to be determined to increase client access to services
- Represent Project Safe on collaborative projects and presentations in the community as assigned.
- Meet clients for intake or advocacy at safe, convenient locations in majority Latinx neighborhoods, and provide transportation as needed to group, court, other appointments.
- Submit monthly program reports to the Executive Director, other reports as requested.
- At times when available at the emergency shelter, answer hotline calls from Spanish speakers.
- Other Duties: Supervise interns and volunteers as needed. Participate in volunteer trainings and attend staff development training as requested. Participate in on-call rotation; document all activities; other duties as assigned by leadership staff.
Highly connected to Latinx communities in Athens.
Fluent in Spanish. Knowledge of law enforcement, legal, domestic violence related vocabulary also required.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and experience working with victims/survivors of domestic violence and their children.
Familiarity with law enforcement and criminal justice procedures.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Clean driving record.