Project Safe, Inc.
Community & Outreach Advocate:
Salary + benefits
- Three years of experience or combination of education and experience in social services, crisis intervention, case management, and social justice.
- Graduate degree in social work or counseling with accompanying license (LMSW, LAPC, LCSW, LPC)
- Training and experience in trauma-informed services and intimate partner violence
- Experience in individual and group counseling with diverse populations and needs
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide services to survivors and their families in the form of case management, legal advocacy, crisis intervention, emotional support, and psychoeducation utilizing trauma-informed practices
- Maintain a caseload of 20+ survivors of intimate partner violence working towards established goals; document services provided and progress towards outlined goals regularly
- Maintain a working knowledge of community resources and make appropriate referrals based on need and eligibility
- Collaborate and coordinate with community agencies across disciplines such as law enforcement, civil and criminal attorneys, healthcare providers, substance abuse counselors, school and childcare providers, DFCS, and others while maintaining confidentiality of survivors and fostering positive working relationships within the community.
- Serve on multidisciplinary teams with partner agencies to staff survivor needs, community response, and collaborative care
- Serve as field instructor for UGA Master of Social Work interns and meet requirements laid out in the field manual and by the Council on Social Work Education
- Facilitate a support group with appropriate activities to foster healing, skill building, and psychoeducation
- Accompany survivors to legal proceedings in civil, criminal, and juvenile court; assist survivors in filing civil protective orders; coordinate and collaborate with attorneys and court personnel
- Provide shelter coverage as needed
- Serve as on-call staff for after-hours needs and scheduled tasks for one week in regular rotation
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Donna Bracewell at email@example.com