Project Safe is looking for fall interns!
LOCATION: 295 E Dougherty St, Athens, GA 30601
START DATE: August 25th, 2018
Connect With Us
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook to see what we are doing in the community.Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter to see what we are doing in the community.Follow us on Twitter
Become a Volunteer
Volunteers make it possible to provide victims with more extensive services.Become a Volunteer
Make a Donation
Find out how you can help Project Safe by making a donation!Make a Donation
Join our Mailing List!
Want to actively be a part of the mission to end domestic violence in the Athens community? Project Safe is currently seeking direct service and administrative interns for Fall 2018! If you are interested in joining our team, please see the job descriptions below and contact Kendall at email@example.com. Instructions for applying are within the job description. Please apply by Tuesday, July 24th.
Project Safe, Inc.
Position: Fall 2018 Internship
Program: Direct Services: Shelter & Outreach Programs
Location: Athens, GA
Time Commitment: Minimum of 20-30 hrs/week M-F
Project Safe is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in Athens, Ga., working to end domestic violence through prevention and education, crisis intervention, ongoing supportive services, and systems change advocacy. Project Safe is seeking interns interested in working directly with victims of domestic violence and/or their children. Interns will work closely with Project Safe staff in providing case management, support groups, children’s programs, hotline assistance, and general support to shelter residents and outreach clients of Project Safe.
- Participate in comprehensive 40-hour training preparing interns to work with victims of domestic violence, and child witnesses of domestic violence, both in person and on the crisis hotline.
- Provide coverage of Project Safe’s emergency shelter during daytime hours. Coverage may include assisting residents, managing the crisis hotline, answering the business telephone line, offering conflict resolution as needed, and providing direction in the event of an emergency.
- Work with staff to provide direct services to clients: Case management for current shelter residents, intakes with new shelter residents, follow-up phone calls, providing referrals to outside agencies, client advocacy and support, and any special projects or new initiatives.
- Co-facilitate outreach or shelter-based support groups for adults and children with Project Safe staff.
- Assist Project Safe staff at teen dating violence presentations to youth.
- Provide child care for the children of clients on an as-needed basis while caregivers participate in programs and services.
- Assist with sorting incoming donations, managing the cash register, and assisting customers during a regular shift at the Project Safe Thrift Store (2-3 hrs/week).
- Support Project Safe’s community awareness and fundraising events and assist with preparations.
- Document all services provided and all client interactions in Project Safe’s client database, and assist staff with monthly reports, data entry, and periodic program evaluation.
- Answer teen texting line on an on call rotation, one week at a time.
- Fourth-year undergrad or grad student
- Strong communication, organization, and problem solving skills necessary
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks when there are competing priorities and/or pressure of deadlines
- Strong computer & database mgmt. skills
- Preference given to applicants who can intern two semesters
Send resume and cover letter detailing areas of interest and availability, along with contact information for two professional/academic references to:
Community Involvement & Volunteer Coordinator