Project Safe is Hiring a Youth Educator & Advocate
LOCATION: Athens, Georgia
START DATE: December 03rd, 2017
Connect With Us
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook to see what we are doing in the community.Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter to see what we are doing in the community.Follow us on Twitter
Become a Volunteer
Volunteers make it possible to provide victims with more extensive services.Become a Volunteer
Make a Donation
Find out how you can help Project Safe by making a donation!Make a Donation
Join our Mailing List!
Project Safe, Inc.
Position: Youth Educator and Advocate
Responsible To: Executive Director
Hours: Full Time Monday-Friday, Some evenings/weekends required, on-call rotation
- Assure that Project Safe’s youth-focused programming and educational materials (currently Breaking Silence for teens, CrossRoads for elementary age children, and Ambassadors for middle school) are consistently presented in strong, positive manner to relevant stakeholders including schools, churches, camps, and in social media.
- Expand the Breaking Silence program by increasing the audience for youth presentations, marketing the teen text line, encouraging the participation of youth as Breaking Silence ambassadors.
- Track presentations and post-presentation surveys in PSI database.
- Collaborate with partner organizations in the text line’s expanded service area, providing technical assistance and classroom material as needed/requested, and ensuring that Breaking Silence contact information is distributed widely.
- Cultivate relationships with organizations serving children and youth as possible outlets for enhancing and expanding PSI services to this population.
- Work with Teen Text Line Manager to ensure consistent, quality services and program growth.
- Provide support, feedback, guidance and direction to interns assisting with related programming, always representing Project Safe in a professional manner consistent with organizational values.
- Assist with intern, volunteer and/or staff training on dating violence and IPV prevention related issues.
- Submit program reports as required by funders and/or Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge and experience working with a variety of community and governmental organizations
- Knowledge and experience with intimate partner violence, dating violence, and/or prevention
- Familiarity with law enforcement and criminal justice procedures
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including effective public speaking)
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to Joan Prittie, Executive Director at email@example.com by April 29th.