Project Safe Thrift Store
We accept clothing, household goods, sheets, towels, furniture, and small appliances at our thrift store. Project Safe clients can shop at the store for free, while the public may purchase items at very low cost. All proceeds support Project Safe services. Donations are accepted during store hours only, Monday through Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 1pm-6pm. Please do not leave donations when the store is closed. We cannot guarantee that your donation would be used as it was intended if you leave donations after hours. Donations are more likely to be soiled or taken if left after hours. Call 706-425-8863 for more information. 995 Hawthorne Ave. (Bell’s Shopping Center)
CLICK HERE for Directions.
Project Safe is hiring a Mobile, Bilingual Advocate (Spanish/English)! This full time position is funded through a VOCA grant, and exists to make our organization and its services more accessible and effective for Spanish speaking victims and survivors of intimate partner violence.
Position: Mobile Bilingual Advocate (Spanish/English)
Responsible To: Executive Director
Hours: Full Time Monday- Friday days evenings or weekends as scheduled
On Call Rotation
- Provide a variety of crisis intervention and supportive services to Spanish speaking survivors of domestic violence including individual support, emergency financial assistance, legal and social services advocacy etc. to clients referred by the Family Protection Center user group and Project Safe hotline workers. Link clients to other services or related PSI services as appropriate.
- Develop and facilitate support group for Spanish speaking survivors of domestic violence.
- Maintain scheduled office hours at the Athens-Clarke County Courthouse, Family Protection Center and other sites to be determined to increase client access to services
- Represent Project Safe on collaborative projects and presentations in the community as assigned.
- Meet clients for intake or advocacy at safe, convenient locations in majority Latinx neighborhoods, and provide transportation as needed to group, court, other appointments.
- Submit monthly program reports to the Executive Director, other reports as requested.
- At times when available at the emergency shelter, answer hotline calls from Spanish speakers.
- Other Duties: Supervise interns and volunteers as needed. Participate in volunteer trainings and attend staff development training as requested. Participate in on-call rotation; document all activities; other duties as assigned by leadership staff.
Highly connected to Latinx communities in Athens.
Fluent in Spanish. Knowledge of law enforcement, legal, domestic violence related vocabulary also required.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and experience working with victims/survivors of domestic violence and their children
Familiarity with law enforcement and criminal justice procedures
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Clean driving record
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Joan Prittie at email@example.com.